12.06.2006

Midgets

Why do we laugh and point when we see midgets in public? We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

Last night at the gym I saw a midget jogging on a treadmill. I had to consciously stop myself from laughing out loud. I don't know, it just looked funny. And how in the world did he reach the start button?!

Considering the fact I'm short myself, I should probably be more sensitive to little people and their plight.

I have a theory on why we laugh at them. There is a direct corollary between who we choose to laugh at and our ability to kick their ass. Allow me to illustrate. If I saw a big, buff, gangster dude slip on a banana, am I going to laugh at him? If I value my health, HELL NO.

If I laugh at a midget, what's the worse thing he can do to me? Bite my knee?

No comments: